Ms M

Ms M
The Fedora

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Life Goes On

Aloha All!

Hi honey. I know you are reading this. Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes I just need a fire lit under my arse. Lol

I was so excited about the idea of being able to upload some video from the Con to the site but I ran into difficulties and became discouraged. I apologize to all for the extended delay.

Where to start….so much of life has happened since I last checked in.

I was, and still am excited about the Con. It was not only an exciting time, but was fraught with new opportunities for me. I read two of my ‘Con’ poems as part of the welcoming ceremony. I hung out with Con Virgins and made many new friends. Ms Karin Kallmaker has immortalized me as a character in her current release Above Temptation. (Thank you, Lois. Your generosity continually amazes me.)

I was not on a panel this year but I was a mentor for a new and upcoming writer. I am so thankful that Renee Bess the Director of Education for GCLS felt it was something I could do and make a meaningful contribution to. What an awesome experience. I co-mentored with SX Meager and learned so much during our session. It was wonderful to have my thought validated by someone of her caliber. If you have note read any of her books you should do so. I especially love All That Matters.

I was not part of a panel this year but I was a Presenter at the Award ceremony for the first time, and I ended up presenting the award to my dear friend Cheri Crystal. It was her first time winning and my first time presenting. AWESOME! I was also a part of the Authors auction (did I mention I have a short story published,lol) for the first time and was able to be a part of raising funds for GCLS.



We ended our conference in the black this year! As I said....it was a wonderful time:

(Tried to load video here......technical difficulties.

It was also the very last time I would share with my dear friend Pam Butler, who passed on shortly after the Con. I am so glad I got to spend time with her. We had a chance to share laughs, song, food, and thoughts about life, parents, partners and many other things. We reflected on pass Cons and the time she rode her BMW bike all the way from Colorado to Arizona to spend time with us.

Pam was an Army helicopter pilot, a firefighter, a proud daughter, a friend, a writer, and an avid reader among many other things. I first met Pam at the Con in Atlanta. She was a teddy bear, painfully shy, very proud, and with a wonderful sense of humor. I regret not knowing her better but one of my fondest memories of Con 6, 2010 will be karaoke night when Pam shared her ‘inner femme’ with us and sang I Feel Pretty. No one would have guessed that she knew she did not have long with us. She made every moment count. Thank you Pam, for the lesson of seizing EVERY moment.

...more soon..... Promise

1 comment:

  1. WOW...See !
    Bet this wasn't as hard as you thought it would be ?
    Glad I gave you that little-tiny-soft-virtual, slap on the bum, hon...LOL !
    Me , myself and I are singing : "We want more ! We want more ! We want more..."

    ReplyDelete